Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remember default browser per user.

Anthonius Dutchman

Question

Hi,

I found a simulair issue here:https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/338490-default-browser-is-lost-after-log-off-log-on/

We use roaming profiles on Xenapp 7.6. By default the browser in windows is Internet Explorer. We also have Chrome available and have no actual preferences. So this means our users are free to choose. However whenever they log off their default browser is reset to IE.

Is there a way for our user profiles to remember what default browser they selected? Are there perhaps downsides to this?

Thanks in advance,

Ton

5 answers to this question

Hi Johathan,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem itself is that the prefered/default browser isn't remembered.

So the fact they fixed that some URL's/files references still maintains our problem that we can't allow our users to keep this setting at all.

Again; when a user sets Chrome as their default browser this isn't remembered the next time they log in. So the fact it is fixed for some URLS after setting another default doesn't solve my problem. Because it isn't remembered to begin with.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:25 AM, Anthonius Dutchman said:

Again; when a user sets Chrome as their default browser this isn't remembered the next time they log in. So the fact it is fixed for some URLS after setting another default doesn't solve my problem. Because it isn't remembered to begin with.

Hi

We are experiencing the same issue with Win 10 and 7.15 LTSR 

A user changes the default browser (from Edge to Chrome), however when the user logs again he realizes that the changes weren't saved so he is must change again the default browser.

Any fix???

thanks