Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Replacing license server certificate

Jay Kociol1709158674

Question

We are trying to replace the Certificate on our License server with a new cert. Our original cert was a self-signed. The new Cert is a SAN cert. Working with Citrix support, we added the Certificate file and key in the Server Web Server Configuration in License Administration Console on the License server, but in Studio on our Delivery Controller, the connection does establish to the license server, but the Certificate is invalid and showing the old original certificate as if it was cached somewhere. Citrix support don’t understand how it’s seeing the old certificate and where it is coming from. We also can’t update Studio to see the new Certificate. Can you tell us how we can have Studio to stop using the old certificate, delete it if possible, and start using the new Certificate we just added in License console?

4 answers to this question

There are two certs on the License Server. Did you replace both? You probably need to replace the one at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\WebServicesForLicensing\Apache\conf, which is used by the Web Service that Studio connects to. There's another at C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\LS\conf that's for the License Administration page.

You can also uninstall and reinstall and it should generate new self-signed.

• Like 3

Carl,

As usual, you have answers many others do not.

I'm looking at the same issue and I am working through it from your suggestions. 

One recommendation was to restart the Apache service. When I attempt to do this, I receive the error "The system cannot find the file specified.  : No installed service named "Apache2.2". 

Others have suggested to run the 'httpd -k install' command then run the start or restart command.  Before running anything that says "install" I wanted to be sure that is the correct procedure. 

I'm doing this after adding the certs into the locations you recommend. 

UPDATE: 

We figured it out. There was an issue with the new certificates that needed to be resolved. Once done, everything worked as you explained Carl Thanks again

Bob

Hi Carl,

I have exactly same issue facing in my new environment CVAD 71912 LTSR CU4. 

Issue : I have created a new SAN certificate to replace existing license server self signed certificate. When I browse the LIC console from Studio, it is fetching LIC self-signed certificate instead of SAN certificate.  The self signed certs are removed from License servers and below conf folders as well.

Certs are placed in Delivery Controller, Installed and bound on Citrix LIC servers and placed Certificate and Key file on the below locations

C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\WebServicesForLicensing\Apache\conf, 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\Licensing\LS\conf that's for the License Administration page.

I have raised a case with Citrix and it has been pending with them for nearly 10 days but no luck.

Any suggestions.