Welcome to our new Citrix community!

The Citrix Broker Service failed to validate a user's credentials on an XML service.

Brad Langford

Question

XenApp 7.6, Windows Server 2012R2

This happens randomly

Occasionally this is popping up:

The Citrix Broker Service failed to validate a user's credentials on an XML service. 

Verify the trust relationships between your domains. 

Error details: 
User:  'OurDomain\XXXXXX' ---------------------------(this was changed for privacy reasons)
Error: 'InvalidCredentials' 
Stack Trace: ''

I have run this on both controllers:

Get-BrokerSite

my results are: 

TrustRequestsSentToTheXmlServicePort : True

What's going on???

6 answers to this question

I further followed up with user on this and seems to be no real errors when they login. This seems to be a FALSE POSITIVE Event... :) Technically this isnt causing any issues to user login, this i what i can understand after interacting with users

The other side of the story is... There are issues like Incorrect /Invalid username and password error observed Randomly by users when they try to login via Receiver Store and this was correlating with this Event. After further investigation on this, it seems to be a password Caching issue.

Need to enable SSON or Enable Passthrough Authentication  or Disable “Remember My Password” option in the Authentication popup window. This seems to be working as expected and we didnt get any error related to Incorrect/Invalid username and Password

Links :

https://www.carlstalhood.com/storefront-cr-tweaks/#remembermypassword

https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/351727-storefront-25-cannot-remove-remember-my-password-tickbox/

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/current-release/configure-using-configuration-files/strfront.html#par_richtext_12

In all these scenarios CDF trace reveals that, user logon was successful, but failure to login was because of Account lockout or Password Expiry and this is all due to Password Caching ()default caching period = 30 minutes.

Alternately this Registry Fix can also be followed to remove Password Caching in Storefront Server

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX208901

Thanks...

• Like 3

Unfortunately I don't have any sense of what's going on as the users aren't reporting anything and I'm seeing the issues a while after they have occurred.  The only thing I know is that these users are using an app which is RDP to remote into their physical desktop PCs.

Mahima

We reboot controllers every morning around 4 AM.  We don't change user passwords, the user does this.  I'm unclear by what you stated "make sure the VDA in the Receiver exit login and then change the password."  Did you mean to say "Exit receiver then change your password?  Also, I didn't mention that these are physical PC's the users remote into using a published app of RDP.

Came across this event in different versions but still didnt got hold of what it is...

The event id 2100 is still a issue even after upgrading to CVAD 1906.2. From the types of messages generated in Event id 2100 its evident from the message that Account Lockout and Password Expiry can be identified and ruled out. But Events related to  'Failed Windows logon, error code 1326' is something not able to understand and fix it. This might be a false positive alert but curious to understand the reason for it...

~~~~

ProviderName : Citrix Broker Service
Id : 2100
Message : The Citrix Broker Service failed to validate a user's credentials on an XML
service.

Verify the trust relationships between your domains.

Error details:
User: 'A\A1'
Error: 'InvalidCredentials'
Stack Trace: ''
~~~~