Welcome to our new Citrix community!

COM Port Redirection with Linux Receiver

John Bailey

Question

I have been investigating the use of the Raspberry Pi as a thin client using the ThinLinX software package, which includes Receiver 13.5.0 as detailed here:

$ ./wfica -version

Citrix Receiver for LinuxArmHF
Version 13.5.0.10185126

I am able to connect to StoreFront, log in, and access the Desktop.  The Desktop is served from a Windows Server 2012 R2 server with VDA 7.6 installed and COM port redirection and automapping enabled via the registry.  I have also ensured that the wfclient.ini file contains the following settings:

CDMAllowed=On

ClientComm=On
LastComPortNum=2
ComPort1=/dev/ttyUSB0
ComPort2=/dev/ttyUSB1

When I connect to the desktop, "net use" shows me the output I expect, that COM1 and COM2 are mapped to \\client\COM1: and \\client\COM2: respectively.  However, the devices attached to these serial ports do not work.  COM1: is an Epson TM-U675 OPOS printer and COM2: is a Topaz signature pad.  I have confirmed that I can send data to the printer and receive data from the signature pad when Receiver is not connected to the Desktop, which leads me to believe this is a Receiver problem, not a ThinLinX problem.

Of course all this works on a Windows thin client and also a plain Windows PC where the same USB to Serial adapters are COM1: and COM2: and Receiver for Windows is used.

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction or even has the answer to the problem.

2 answers to this question

hello there....I am having kind of the same problem. I am trying to set up the Epson tm-u675 to work within CITRIX. I was able to get it to acknowledge the USB1 port using the client bar for redirection, but once I switched out the computer the device setting on  the client bar disappears and I can't get it back and the printer doesn't work anymore....can anyone help?