Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix EDT over NetScaler flapping results

Christian Cornelsen1709152196

Question

Hello Citrix Guys,

I have the following problem with the new Feature EDT over NetScaler.
I have implemented EDT with XenDesktop 7.13 with the GPO. From Internal Network over StoreFront does it work -> HDX/UDP
From External over NetScaler does it NOT work. But sometimes it does (depend from the Network Provider). The NetScaler is a 11.1 52.13.nc VPX (1000) on VMWare ESX. We have enabled DTLS and open from external the UDP Port 443 and from NetScaler to internal 1494 / 2598 UDP too. To be sure we switched back to the default cipher group.
We checked that UDP is opened from external with PortQuery from Microsoft. And we test it with Citrix Receiver 4.6 and 4.7 (grab it from the Installer ISO). The VDA’s are Physical with the VDA 7.13 Agent.
Now we get this Results:

external Network (T-Mobile LTE Hotspot) à HDX/TCP
external Network (Vodafone LTE Hotspot) à HDX/UDP
Guest Network (Telekom Network) à HDX/UDP
other external Network (provider doesn’t know) à HDX/TCP

That means basically it should work but depend from the network provider. Which point we could troubleshoot to find the issue. Additionally we open a Support Case #72381524

Best Regards,
Christian

6 answers to this question

Hello Citrix Guys,

I have the following problem with the new Feature EDT over NetScaler.

I have implemented EDT with XenDesktop 7.13 with the GPO. From Internal Network over StoreFront does it work -> HDX/UDP

From External over NetScaler does it NOT work. But sometimes it does (depend from the Network Provider). The NetScaler is a 11.1 52.13.nc VPX (1000) on VMWare ESX. We have enabled DTLS and open from external the UDP Port 443 and from NetScaler to internal 1494 / 2598 UDP too. To be sure we switched back to the default cipher group.

We checked that UDP is opened from external with PortQuery from Microsoft. And we test it with Citrix Receiver 4.6 and 4.7 (grab it from the Installer ISO). The VDA’s are Physical with the VDA 7.13 Agent.

Now we get this Results:

external Network (T-Mobile LTE Hotspot) à HDX/TCP

external Network (Vodafone LTE Hotspot) à HDX/UDP

Guest Network (Telekom Network) à HDX/UDP

other external Network (provider doesn’t know) à HDX/TCP

That means basically it should work but depend from the network provider. Which point we could troubleshoot to find the issue. Additionally we open a Support Case #72381524

Best Regards,

Christian

Given that you are able to see this from a client via external network (Vodafone LTE Hotspot and Telekom Network) as mentioned above, I would hope the configuration is correct on the NetScaler and internally with in the VDA and DDC etc...Could be the issue is in between your client on the external network provider say (T-Mobile LTE Hotspot and other provider)?

Are you using same client machine with same Citrix Receiver version for your test when using different LTE Hotspot providers?

Thanks

Kishore

Hi Kishore,

From LAN it's work without any issue.

The Conection over NetScaler seems depends on Network Provider. We tested before that we able to connect to UDP 443 at the external IP.

We use in every Test the Same Laptop. One Test with 4.6 and 4.7 but no differences between the Receiver Version.

We have created to WhireShark dumps but without deeper know how about the Process Inside the NetScaler we cant find the issue.

Hi Kishore,

From LAN it's work without any issue.

The Conection over NetScaler seems depends on Network Provider. We tested before that we able to connect to UDP 443 at the external IP.

We use in every Test the Same Laptop. One Test with 4.6 and 4.7 but no differences between the Receiver Version.

We have created to WhireShark dumps but without deeper know how about the Process Inside the NetScaler we cant find the issue.

If you already have the wireshark trace from client and netscaler device for working and non working case - you may share these as personal message. I would like to see these as well...

Also could you clarify what combination worked for below?

external Network (Vodafone LTE Hotspot) à HDX/UDP

Guest Network (Telekom Network) à HDX/UDP

i.e., user logged into to launch the vda resource from, is this when using native windows receiver or via browser, if web browser (which browser used), what is the citrix receiver version used , windows client machine os, vda os, netscaler version and settings (if anything changed in between tests),

Similarly what combination did not worked for below?

external Network (T-Mobile LTE Hotspot) à HDX/TCP

other external Network (provider doesn’t know) à HDX/TCP

i.e., user logged into to launch the vda resource from, is this when using native windows receiver or via browser, if web browser (which browser used), what is the citrix receiver version used, windows client machine os, vda os, netscaler version and settings (if anything changed in between tests),

Also are you using ssl to vda (http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-13/secure/tls.html)?

Thanks

Kishore

Hi Kishore,

the Combinations that you listed are correct: 

external Network (Vodafone LTE Hotspot) à HDX/UDP
Guest Network (Telekom Network) à HDX/UDP

external Network (T-Mobile LTE Hotspot) à HDX/TCP
other external Network (provider doesn’t know) à HDX/TCP

we test it from a Windows 7 and Internet Explorer x86 and Chrome Browser, Citrix Receiver 4.6 and 4.7 (Web Acces) but nothing changed. The Target OS is a physical Windows 7 x64 with a VDA 7.13 (in every test we used the same Target OS). 

To avoid mistakes we used in each test the same Laptop and access Type (Browser and Receiver). We change the Browser and Receiver to check if something changed - no success.

I will forward you the dump files soon.

Many Thanks,

Christian

Archived