Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Receiver 4.6 - Privacy issues

Michael Dowling1709155431

Question

3 answers to this question

https://www.citrix.com/community/cx/ceip.html: "You can choose not to participate during installation or upgrading. Later, if you change your mind about participating, it’s easy to opt in or opt out."

I was not given the choice not to participate during installation and not aware I joined your Customer Experience Improvement Program until I went to Advanced Preferences through the context-menu, where the option 'I agree to send anonymous data and usage statistics to Citrix for the purposes of product analysis and improvement' was already checked. Also: it was not easy to opt out, because of the warning 'You don't have sufficient privileges for changing this setting'. I first had to exit the Citrix Receiver and run it as administrator.

These days, there is a so-called option to opt out: Right-click on the ICA icon in your taskbar.
Choose "Advanced preferences", then click on Data Collection.

Here, you can choose to disable the data collection. Now notice how this is THE ONLY OPTION which is grayed out, due to the fact that you need Administrative privileges. Seriously what the motherf##cking f##ck.
And now that I want to post this, all I get is the I'm not a robot merry-go-round. Just did 10!!! screens of verification and it wasn't enough. Citrix = ****

Guys this is just easy to fix. Go to windows explorer, go to citrix receiver folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client )  and locate concentr.exe. Right click on it, and make this exe to be run as administrator.  Now you´re ready to go.  Open it, Right-click on the ICA icon in your taskbar. Choose "Advanced preferences", then click on Data Collection. The option to turn it off is now available.

After, go back and remove the previous change (remove it from be run as administrator).

cheers!