Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error with Discovery Process

David Venner

Question

We have a 6.5 xenapp farm which will be decommissioned soon but it has suddenly developed an issue when trying to open the Citrix Appcenter console.  You try to run discovery but get the error "Errors occurred when using server in the discovery process".  There are no errors in the event log, all services are running.  From the users side they are still connecting and using a couple of apps.

I ran dscheck and it comes back with "Unable to initialize Data Store connection.  This server must have a direct connection to the data store.  Application terminated. (Result:  0x80060016)".  Which would indicate it cannot connect to the database which is on a separate SQL server.

I have also ran dsmaint verifylhc and this comes back with "The LHC integrity has been verified successfully".

Nothing has changed as far as I'm aware and do not understand why the discovery process is now failing.

If anyone can provide any answer I would appreciate it as we still have a couple of things running on this farm and we are in the processing of moving them to Xenapp 7.8.

4 answers to this question

Hi John and thanks for the reply.

All services are running fine and users are able to connect and use the apps etc.

Just cannot get back into the app center and don't know why it has suddenly stopped working.

I have tried the suggestions in the posts but nothing works, changed the IMA to run under local system account, explicitly added all accounts I can think of to the DCOM users group, even tried logging in with local admin with no change.

I did look at a few other posts but most had issues with services not running but ours every thing seems OK apart from getting into the admin console.