Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cloning a existing XenApp 7.11 VDA Virtual server

Jimmy Salian1709153271

Question

Hi all,

I am looking for some options to clone an existing Xenapp 7.11 VDA Server hosted on a VMware 5.5 Hypervisior and this clone server will be used to deploy servers during the DR scenario to spin up additional servers required for User load.

I was not able to find any edocs on the Citrix site for this, can anybody share some experience?

Not using PVS so other options?

Thanks,

J

8 answers to this question

Your local Citrix Partner can help you with DR design.

The Citrix-specific pieces are: ListOfDDCs registry key (if DR is a different farm), the vCenter Hosting connection, Catalogs/Delivery Groups, StoreFront, and NetScaler Gateway. Otherwise, most of the replication/recovery work is performed at the vSphere layer (clone, export/import, etc.)

Otherwise, you'll need to provide more details on your current infrastructure and what you're hoping to accomplish.

I have had success with just cloning an existing XenApp 7.x VM (non MCS/PVS) to a template in vCenter and then deploying that with a custom specification to get it correctly configured during deployment and having post deployment scripts run to do things like reset SCCM/SCEP id's/certs.  Once deployed and ready they are just added to the correct machine catalog/delivery group as needed.