Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable session roaming

Matt Roberts

Question

5 answers to this question

Existing Use case -

1) We have around 1500 shared physical Windows 7 desktop environment and we use only one domain account across all desktops.

2) Application - MS Office (only Word, Excel, Access),  Legacy internal developed application,

3) Hardware - Users use Printer, Barcode Scanner, Touch screen monitor etc.

4) All desktops have one common Shared network drives.

We are planning to virtualized this environment with Citrix XenApp and want to introduce thin client at the endpoint (Stratodesk) and also, we are thinking to use only one domain account across all thin client to access application via Citrix XenApp by using disable session roaming.

Is this a viable solution? If not, why?

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

The eDocs page shows how to configure the Delivery Group to allow multiple connections from the same user ID. I believe this is what you want.

Hi Carl,

Where does it show this? I have already applied the -SessionReconnection value of SameEndpointOnly to the Entitlement Policy Rule and am still experiencing roaming.

Thanks.

**UPDATE** This only appears to be happening from within a published Desktop. If I launce two separate instances of Receiver from two different PCs using the same login I am able to launch independent application sessions. However, from within the published Desktop, the session roams from one to the other. This leads me to believe that the issue is Receiver but I have already tried applying the fixes for Workspace control suggested here: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/05/02/workspace-control-when-you-dont-want-to-roam/ to no avail.