Updated Privacy Statement

User Desktop Session Disconnects at startup

tony roberts1709152250

Question

12 answers to this question

HI just wanted to let you know I found the fix for the issue. 

In the Winlogon Regkey on the server there were two references to cmstart.exe. This caused two wfshell.exe to start for the user and when the second one started the connection disconnected. So i removed the second cmstart.exe and the users can now login fine. The only conclusion to this I can find is when I removed Xenapp 6.5 from the server the reg settings remained.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

• Like 1

No RDP is okay the only error I can see on the event logs for a user is some printer issues.

The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-21-1060284298-1078081533-1801674531-13534\Printers\Connections\Printer Name This can occur if the key name or values are malformed or missing.

this would make sense its a printer problem because its the last part to load in the profile.

It is possible for you to create an test account which have only permissions to connect to your citrix application and desktop without mapped printers and network shares?

In the past I had a similar problem which was triggered from a printer which was mapped to the user but no longer exists. Citrix try to map the non existing printer and crashed on this try. After removing the printer anything works fine again.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, tony roberts1709152250 said:

HI just wanted to let you know I found the fix for the issue. 

In the Winlogon Regkey on the server there were two references to cmstart.exe. This caused two wfshell.exe to start for the user and when the second one started the connection disconnected. So i removed the second cmstart.exe and the users can now login fine. The only conclusion to this I can find is when I removed Xenapp 6.5 from the server the reg settings remained.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Thank you, this pointed me in the right direction. I experienced the same disconnects immediately after logon using VDA 7.15 cu4. I found two UserInit entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit. The original value causing the failure was "C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,C:\Windows\system32\KUsrInit.exe,". Removing the first entry corrected the problem. The correct value is shown below.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\Windows\system32\KUsrInit.exe,"