Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenApp 7.11 HTML5 Client Not Showing Client Printers

Tom Swift

Question

Fresh new build of XenApp 7.11 on vanilla Window 2012 R2 servers.  Storefront 3.7 configured to only use HTML5.  NO CLIENT PRINTERS SHOW when launching Notepad test application and doing File / Print.  Change Storefront to use Citrix Receiver client (version 4.5) and client printers show up as expected.  Test machine was vanilla Windows 7 x64bit machine with HP LasterJet 4100 Series PCL 6 print driver installed. 

I've been waiting forever for a stable HTML5 clientless Storefront and had hoped 3.7 finally had all the bugs worked out, but that's not the case.  Anyone have any work arounds for this?

6 answers to this question

Downloaded: Citrix PDF Printer April 11, 2016 and installed on VDA and Enabled Auto PDF Universal Printer Policy for All Objects

Launched Notepad: File, Print -- You do not have permission to use the selected printer.  If you need access, contract your network administrator.
Logged in as Domain Administrator

Went to Devices and Printers, Add printer, local (LPT1 or Null Port), Manufacturer - Citrix, Printers - Citrix PDF Universal Printer

Launched Notepad: File, Print -- Activation Error: Printer not activated, error code -41

Installed CUTEPDF on Windows 7 x64bit workstation
Launched Notepad: File, Print -- Activation Error: Printer not activated, error code -41

Further testing reveals that trying to print the the PDF Universal Printer even when using the Citrix Receiver fat client, that it also errors out with an error code -41.  But at least with the fat client the client printers all display where as the HMTL5 client does not show any client printers.

On 11/2/2016 at 2:29 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

For HTML5 client, you install the Citrix PDF Printer on the VDA and enable it in a Citrix Policy. Then print to the PDF printer, which lets you print it locally. http://www.carlstalhood.com/virtual-delivery-agent-vda-7-11/#pdf

Hi Carl, 

Thank you for this, I have set this up but it doesn't appear that the PDF printer is created within the sessions when it's enabled in Citrix policies for me.  I've seen this now and again with things like idle and disconnected session timeout settings, that they don't work via Citrix policies, but work fine when configured in the GPO ADM in AD.  Is it A) possible to do within AD GPOs and B) any ideas why sometimes Citrix policies don't apply but it works perfectly well from within AD GPOs?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

On 4/23/2021 at 6:28 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

What VDA version?

Hi Carl,

Thank you for checking in, this is using the 7.15 LTSR CU6 VDA.  But I have seen it on versions back to CU3.  

A quick update, I did do it via AD GPO and it worked fine, but it's still a bit concerning that this doesn't always work within the Citrix policies themselves.  I had it previously too with Session Timouts, both idle timeouts and disconnected timeouts in the past, different customer.  When I switched to using the AD GPO config, worked 100%.  Just wondering why it may not work in Citrix but works fine via AD GPOs.

Thank you again.

Regards

Steve