Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Director - allow specific group to shadow other users

Torsten Noslashrgaard Thomsen

Question

Hi

Running XenDesktop 7.8

We have some business consultants that would like to get access to shadow users logged on to Citrix.

I have made a Role in Studio with the following permissions :

Delivery Groups - Read Only

Director - Perform Remote Assistance on a remote machines

Director - View User Details Page

When logging in to Director as a group member you can search for a user and you can shadow. Great.

But when "View User Details page" are allowed the user of cause can see all the details about the session which is not that great. But that was the only way I could get Director to allow the group member access.

Any way else to just allow Remote Assistance and nothing else from Director?

Thanks

Torsten

5 answers to this question

Yes. That part works fine. I have tried setting EnableApplications=false.

But then the Applications are not showed for our supporters either. And they use that part a lot.

The problem is that the applications are named with the document title. For example you can see which website the user are at in Internet Explorer. A Business Consultant outside IT are not allowed to see that kind of information at all.

/ Torsten 

On 9/29/2016 at 3:34 PM, Torsten Noslashrgaard Thomsen said:

Yes. That part works fine. I have tried setting EnableApplications=false.

But then the Applications are not showed for our supporters either. And they use that part a lot.

The problem is that the applications are named with the document title. For example you can see which website the user are at in Internet Explorer. A Business Consultant outside IT are not allowed to see that kind of information at all.

/ Torsten 

Hi Torsten,

Did you find a proper solution for this? Offering just shadowing without the extra info in "Applications" not showing?

Thanks,