Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Printing with Large Format Printers (Paper Size A1) not possible

Question

Dear all,

a couple of my clients would like to print on Large Format Printers, e.g. HP DesignJet Z2100 44in Photo, preferably Paper Size A1.

As of this writing it doesn't seem possible as with Receiver for Mac the following Windows drivers are utilized for printer mappings on server side of things:

•     PS driver = HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS
  •     PCL4 driver = HP LaserJet Series II
  •     PCL5c driver = HP Color LaserJet 4500 PCL 5

By design these models/drivers do not support any paper sizes larger than A4, thus my users cannot select an appriopiate paper size when trying to print some CAD blueprints provided in PDF file format. So what now?

Environment consists of:

• XenDesktop 7.8 Hosted Shared Desktops (Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or Windows Server 2008 R2)
  • Citrix Receiver for Mac v12.1.100
  • printer specific drivers installed on both client and server

Is printing on Large Format Printers with Citrix Receiver for Mac supported?

Alex

1 answer to this question

I know this has been stale for a few years but were you able to find a resolution to this?

Typically we would install the Printers PostScript driver directly on the VDA and then use citrix policies to replace the hp driver on login but our particular scenario this time doesn't allow that as the manufacturer doesn't supply a postscript driver for this printer (Brother MFC-J6920DW)

ANy other methods i can try would be greatly appreciated as ive run out of ideas