Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Storefront 3.5 Propagate Changes failed

Hi all!

It´s always a horror to work with Storefront... So many problems every day with every version of Storefront. This time we finally managed it to install two SF3.5 and join them to a server group :)

Nice job so far but the we want to propagate changes made to the first SF to the second one and.... it fails :angry:  Checked eventlogs and internet and adding NT SERVICE\CitrixConfigurationReplication

and NT SERVICE\CitrixClusterService back to local admins. Disabled NetBios and also added Everyone to local admins but nothing helps!!!

Error is always the same: An error has occurred during the all server configuration update process.
Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication.Exceptions.ServerUpdateConfigurationException, Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e8b77d454fa2a856
Access is denied.
RemoteEndpoint: net.tcp://servernameCitrix/ConfigurationReplication

I am so sad with this... ANY HELP PLEASE??

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Confirmed this works as well. Storefront 3.6

My MMC error was - FX:{cddcebf0-2d45-44de-8b7d-a4f0940d46a7}

Later, this was my eventviewer error- 

Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication.Exceptions.ServerUpdateConfigurationException, Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral,
Access is denied.

• 1 year later...

In my environment we have 4 SF servers...

2 SF wtih windows server 2008 R2 SP1 and 2 with windows server 2012 R2 in a server group.

When propagating the changes, got same error message documented  in the post "Propagation failed in one or more servers"

Validated all possible causes documented in the CTX KB https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX206872 didnt help...

These are the events which i saw in the event viewer

~~~~

Event ID:      9

Task Category: (2302)

Level:         Warning

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Description:

The replication channel failed to open.

Synchronisation is disabled.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm

Event ID:      9

Task Category: (2302)

Level:         Warning

Description:

The replication channel failed to open.

Synchronisation is disabled.

Source:        Citrix Configuration Replication Service

Date:          5/15/2018 9:16:56 PM

Event ID:      31

Task Category: (2801)

Level:         Error

User:          N/A

Description:

An error has occurred during the all server configuration update process.

Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication.Exceptions.ServerUpdateConfigurationException, Citrix.DeliveryServices.ConfigurationReplication, Version=3.12.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e8b77d454fa2a856

Access is denied.

Source:        Citrix Configuration Replication Service

Date:          5/15/2018 9:16:56 PM

Event ID:      12

Task Category: (2801)

Level:         Error

Description:

Failure to notify of configuration update.

System.Security.SecurityException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Requested registry access is not allowed.

~~~~

Issue was with certificate == >> I have a CA signed certificate in the trusted root certification authority store and a self-signed cert in the same store. But the right CA signed cert was binded to the default IIS web site.

Due to the self signed cert the propagation was failing in the newly added (2012 R2) SF servers, but the same propagation at the same tie succeeded in windows server 2008 R2 SF server.

Because of that EventID 9 message was "The client and server cannot communicate, because they do not possess a common algorithm"

After removing the self-signed cert from the store in both the server (2012 R2 SF servers) Propagation worked.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...