Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to connect to XD Controller from XenDesktop Setup Wizard PVS 7.8

Balaji Muthukrishnan

Question

we are trying to create targets using XenDesktop Setup Wizard from PVS 7.8 Console.

when doing to its not able to authenticate to XD controller, getting the following error message.

This we are getting after PVS/XD upgrade from 6.1.21/5.6. previously it was working

"Provisioning Services Console"

"Cannot connect to the delivery controller at address <x.x.x.x>; XenDesktop FullAdmin or MachineAdmin Permission Reqruied"

we are getting above error when we run the console with the logged in id. so we have added service account that we use to run the soap/stream service to the PVS farm and did run as with the service account to launch PVS console.

with the Service account we were able to use XenDesktop Setup Wizard.

JUst want to understand why after the upgrade we were not able to go past controller and getting the above error?

Soap/Stream service account is part of PVS/XD Local admin group and added to controller Admin group with Full Admin permission

Hyp: VMware Esxi

Pl help...

Thanks

post-10879527-0-79492200-1465301296_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Had the same problem today, but i would say this must be a Bug in how the enumeration is done.

Because in Studio my user was handled as an full administratior, permissions report was fine and i could to all administrative tasks in Studio and Director. Only when trying to connect from my pvs console i could not connect.

highest permission should count, not the least...

After upgrading to XenDesktop 7.11 and PVS 7.11 we have the same issue :(

One difference:

It also doesn't work for the PVS service account.

In fact the XenDesktop Setup Wizard is not working at all (regardless of the used account).
All accounts are configured as "Full Administrator" in XenDesktop Studio.

All other Administrators/Roles are disabled for tseting purposes.

• Like 2

Brand new build with XenDesktop 7.11 and PVS 7.11 -- Same error as other are getting.

Using same Active Directory account on both the XenDesktop Controller and PVS, which is a Domain Administrator.

Error:

Provisioning Services Console

Cannot connect to the XenDesktop Controller at <controller.mycorp.com>: XenDesktop FullAdmin or MachineAdmin Permission required.

One difference:

In fact the XenDesktop Setup Wizard is not working at all (regardless of the used account).

Same Problem here, disabling the Roles doesnt help, i had to delete them... :angry:

If using PVS 7.11 on 2008r2 and encountering this error, please install powershell 3.0

Should you encounter this error on 2012r2 or 2008r2 with PS3, and the administrator is a member of several groups with full and limited XD admin rights, there is an investigation ongoing with citrix support.

• Like 1

One difference:

Here is the procedure that solved the issue on our customer's environment:

---

Issue

PVS 7.11 Unable to run XenDesktop Setup wizard

Environment

PVS 7.11 - 2008R2

XenDesktop 7.11

2 Controllers

2 PVS servers

Details

Cannot connect to the XenDesktop Controller at <address>: XenDesktop FullAdmin or MachineAdmin permission required

Troubleshooting

- Date and Time are matching

- Added PVS machine accounts on Controller(s)

- The service account for Soap service was added as a full admin on XenDesktop Site

- it is mandatory to have PowerShell 3.0 for XenDesktop Setup wizard to work with PVSA 7.11(on 2008R2 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595

---

Regards.

I'm having this issue as well since upgrading from 7.15 LTSR CU6 to 1912 LTSR.

PVS is on-prem but delivery controller and citrix studio are cloud-based. Thus, the error "Cannot connect to Citrix Virtual Desktops Controller at <address>" contains the address of my cloud connector server.

I'm not seeing how to give my PVS service account "XenDesktop FullAdmin or MachineAdmin permissions" in the cloud studio. Adding it to local admins on my on-prem cloud connector didn't resolve the issue.

My PVS service account can pull up the PVS Farm manager without error.

Any guidance to try before I have to go to support?