Updated Privacy Statement

Power Button Windows 10 VDI

Luke Barton

Question

Hey Citrix Experts,

Is anyone aware if there is a way to remove to power button completely from the windows 10 start menu. The reason I ask is that in a VDI solution we would prefer to remove that component from the user. As when the user logs off the VDI it shutsdown automatically.

When I use the GPO to remove the shutdown, restart and hibernate command in windows 10, it leaves the power button visible, but if a user clicks on it, its simply a grey box which may be a little confusing.

They have also deprecated the group policy that changed what the power button does. It does not apply to windows 10.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

I've come across this issue also and have been unable to come up with a good solution as of yet. I even loaded up the new Anniversary Update of Win10 due out later this summer and it doesn't appear to have an option to remove the Power Button either. 

Seems a silly move by MS to not allow this. 

If anyone has an idea of how to accomplish this, I'd love to hear it.

I've had the same experience with the "Remove and prevent access to Shutdown, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands" policy and Windows 10 and am unaware of a supported solution to removing it.

There is the "Launcher_ShowPowerButtonOnStartScreen" DWORD that can be configured for the Start Screen. 

Not sure of one for the actual Start Menu though :( 

Archived