Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XML errors

Richard Round

Hi

We are currently building Storefront servers to deliver XenApp 6.5 apps to replace the current WI boxes.

I have created and configured 2 servers on 3.0 and then recently upgraded to 3.5

I can login fine, but i see no apps, just a big white box where they should be, and XML errors are written to the logs as below - 

Event 0

The XML document sent by the Citrix servers could not be processed because it contains invalid XML. This message was reported from the XML Service at address ssl://citrixserverxen01.citrix.server:803/scripts/wpnbr.dll. The specified Citrix XML Service could not be contacted and has been temporarily removed from the list of active services.

This is repeated for citrixserverxen02 also

Event 4003

All the Citrix XML Services configured for farm Controllers failed to respond to this XML Service transaction.

I have confirmed via the ctxhttp tcpport reg key that XML is on port 803, and i understand that because we aren't using port 80 the wpnbr.dll should redirect to Citrix\System32 rather than inetpub\scripts, but the first error suggests otherwise?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on an out-of-the box installation of XA7.15. The DDC itself works fine (I can work from studio), I can telnet from SF to DDC. No apps are enumerated however, just the big blank box on the Web. DDC runs only the DDC role. SF only SF. I've changed the storefront port to 8080 (on both the DDC and SF). When logging in to Web as testuser, the following is being loggeed:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server <FQDN of my DDC> on port 8080. Verify that the Citrix XML Service is running and is using the correct port. If the XML Service is configured to share ports with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), verify that IIS is running. This message was reported from the XML Service at address http://<FQDN of my DDC>:8080/scripts/wpnbr.dll. The specified Citrix XML Service could not be contacted and has been temporarily removed from the list of active services."

followed by

"All the Citrix XML Services configured for farm TEST_DEV Controller failed to respond to this XML Service transaction.".

Any thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I have a strange issue; Have two farms XenApp 6.5 and XenApp 7.15. Both farms are aggregated on the Storefront 1811. After reboot of one of the storefront servers, we can not get to see the applications of the XenApp 6.5 farm.  Storefrontserver keeps trying to get the XML and it takes about 6 minutes until everything is restored.

Eventlogs are generated: The XML document sent by the Citrix servers could not be processed because it contains invalid XML. This message was reported from the XML Service at address http://hostname/scripts/wpnbr.dll. The specified Citrix XML Service could not be contacted and has been temporarily removed from the list of active services.

All the Citrix XML Services configured for farm XenApp6.5 failed to respond to this XML Service transaction.

The Citrix XML Service at address hostname:80 has passed the background health check and has been restored to the list of active services.