Welcome to our new Citrix community!

StoreFront - Add Server - Please Wait?

CarlStalhood

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/27/2016 at 12:05 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

When adding a server to a StoreFront Server Group, the dialog box says "Please wait...". Am I supposed to wait for StoreFront to complete something before I add the second server? It should instead say "waiting on new server to join" or something like that. 

post-8975783-0-82317200-1456574695_thumb.png

I think the answer is this

3 quarters the way down > https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/storefront/3-12/install-standard.html

Upgrades from StoreFront 2.x to 3.x followed by a propagation to the server group might result in an entry for the pnaAuthenticationStartupModule being added to the authentication configuration file. Because entries can be added only to authentication services that have been enabled for PNA authentication services and PNA password change, the authentication service cannot start, as it’s missing the named start-up module. To work around this issue, remove the entry from the authentication configuration file. By default, the configuration file resides at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\<Your_Auth_Service>\web.config.

On 2/27/2016 at 12:05 PM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

When adding a server to a StoreFront Server Group, the dialog box says "Please wait...". Am I supposed to wait for StoreFront to complete something before I add the second server? It should instead say "waiting on new server to join" or something like that. 

post-8975783-0-82317200-1456574695_thumb.png

This article has it I think!

Storefront installation | There was an error adding user account in the administrative local group to the citrixstorefrontadministrator local group

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX282305/storefront-installation-there-was-an-error-adding-user-account-in-the-administrative-local-group-to-the-citrixstorefrontadministrator-local-group

Edit

Yup, it's caused by SIDs of old Active Directory accounts being present in the Local Admins Group.