Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Single user unable to see apps when logging in to citrix site

Patrick Treadway

Question

Recently built a new environment from the ground up and I have a single user who is not able to see any apps when she logs in to the citrix site. I have verified she is in all the correct groups like everybody else, but she is still not able to see them when she signs in with her user account.

Environment has two 7.6 Controllers; two PVS Servers; and two StoreFront Servers.

Would appear that this could possibly be a StoreFront/AD communication issue for this single account maybe...? Not sure where to start since only one user is being affected by this so some guidance or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Netscaler involved? Do you make use of AAA groups? If Netscaler involved, have you tried logging on with her account directly to either of the two storefronts instead? Tried adding her account manually to a specific published app?

Is her account nested in AD groups similar to other functional users, or her AD nesting unique somehow?

Netscaler involved? Do you make use of AAA groups? If Netscaler involved, have you tried logging on with her account directly to either of the two storefronts instead? Tried adding her account manually to a specific published app?

Is her account nested in AD groups similar to other functional users, or her AD nesting unique somehow?

They do have 2 NetScalers involved, but I have not tried logging in with her account directly to the StoreFront servers. I can give that a shot and see what happens.

I also just added her to an application manually in Studio and requested that she log in and see if it made a difference or not.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you know what happens.

Update...

Added the user to an application in Studio manually and she still could not see anything.

Copied and created a test user from her account and I got the exact same result when I tried to log in to Citrix. Removed the groups one by one and still was not able to get anything to populate when signing in to the Citrix site.

I am getting exactly the same issue. Cloned the user account and the clone gets the same issue. User is in all the same AD groups, OU etc. as her working colleague.

In my case there are two linked sites, 4 delivery controller (2 per site) and 4 Storefront servers (2 per site).  No Netscalers are involved, The sites are load balanced by an F5 however I asked the user to try the links to each SF server directly and the issue is across all 4.

I am getting exactly the same issue. Cloned the user account and the clone gets the same issue. User is in all the same AD groups, OU etc. as her working colleague.

In my case there are two linked sites, 4 delivery controller (2 per site) and 4 Storefront servers (2 per site).  No Netscalers are involved, The sites are load balanced by an F5 however I asked the user to try the links to each SF server directly and the issue is across all 4.