Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Password expired notification not working from outside

Ger Been

Hello,

We are using NetScaler VPX 11.0 and have setup the netscaler to allow password change.
We have to login pages one for internal company use and one for external company use (combined with two-way authentication with SMS2).

On the internal netscaler login page the user get's a message when his password is expired and that he needs to change it right now. And he get's the input field to change his password.

Only on the external netscaler login page the user only get's the message: Incorrect user name or password when his password is expired and no message that his password is expired and needs to be changed immediately. Which settings do I need to change in order to get on the external netscaler login page the message to change my password so that the user can change his password when it's expired?

Hi Ger,

we need some more information on the way you NS is configured.

I do not know exactly the product you are using for SMS authentication, but usually those systems are based on radius authentication: NS sends username and password and receive a challange response where user have to enter the sms code they received.

If your system works this way, you need you sms software to handle password expiration, because the netscaler is not talking directly to your  LDAP server.

On the internal VIP you probably have configured an LDAP auth using either TLS or secure LDAP (because this is a requirement to enable password change.

Regards,

Francesco

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived