Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Desktop Files now showing up unless you refresh

Paul Limpias1709153039

Question

To replicate the issue, you need desktop redirect enabled for the profile. Open notepad and save to the desktop. it will not show up until you refresh the screen. This seems to be a known issue that a lot of people are experiencing. I know this is a Microsoft issue but I am reaching out to the XenApp Experts in hopes that someone has a fix for this. I have all of the below suggestions and still have not come up with a solution. This occurs to all of my xenapp servers > 75 of them.

Here are the other users with the same issues. Has anyone been able to fix this? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

On 6/11/2015 at 3:40 AM, Paul Limpias1709153039 said:

To replicate the issue, you need desktop redirect enabled for the profile. Open notepad and save to the desktop. it will not show up until you refresh the screen. This seems to be a known issue that a lot of people are experiencing. I know this is a Microsoft issue but I am reaching out to the XenApp Experts in hopes that someone has a fix for this. I have all of the below suggestions and still have not come up with a solution. This occurs to all of my xenapp servers > 75 of them.

Here are the other users with the same issues. Has anyone been able to fix this? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you ever find a solution to this. We are getting similar issues in win10 on VDI. desktop never / or wont refresh for a period of up to 20 minutes so saving a file to the redirected desktop will only appear when clicking on desktop and manually refreshing with F5 key. We have covered all the DirCache and such settings? Also disabled / enabled Cache on the NetApp side of things to no avail.

On 4/8/2018 at 6:47 PM, Cameron Kerr1709158356 said:

Did you ever find a solution to this. We are getting similar issues in win10 on VDI. desktop never / or wont refresh for a period of up to 20 minutes so saving a file to the redirected desktop will only appear when clicking on desktop and manually refreshing with F5 key. We have covered all the DirCache and such settings? Also disabled / enabled Cache on the NetApp side of things to no avail.

Hi...

We have the same issue with Win10 VDI. Could you please share the solution if you find any? Thanks!