Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UPM & Windows 7 -> Windows 10

nick casagrande

Question

5 answers to this question

I tried out profileunity by liquidware labs and they had a way to migrate from v1 to v2, you think Citrix would pick up on something like this.  What do large shops do with 1000 users?  i can't imagine they do a manual migration.  what do you do for your customers carl?  you're a big shot in VDI   :)

I use scripts to transfer data (Office settings, Favorites, etc.) from old profiles to new profiles.

You could use a 3rd party profile tool but that's an extra cost and might require significant effort to setup and maintain. CPM is mostly "set and forget", except for profile migrations.

With VMware buying Immidio, Citrix might be forced to offer a more advanced profile tool.

On 3/21/2015 at 11:20 AM, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

I use scripts to transfer data (Office settings, Favorites, etc.) from old profiles to new profiles.

You could use a 3rd party profile tool but that's an extra cost and might require significant effort to setup and maintain. CPM is mostly "set and forget", except for profile migrations.

With VMware buying Immidio, Citrix might be forced to offer a more advanced profile tool.

Hi Carl , Can you kindly share the script to me ? thank you very much.