Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Powershell script to logoff diconnected sessions in XenApp 7.5

Bharath KN

Question

Hi All

has any one run powershell script to logoff the disconnected sessions from XenApp servers?

I ran this powershell command but ends with error. can someone help.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-XASession -Farm | Where-Object { $_.State -eq "Disconnected"} | Stop-XASession
Get-XASession : Citrix commands must be executed at the Citrix server or using remoting. Make sure that your user
account is a Citrix administrator and that the IMA service is started.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-XASession -Farm | Where-Object { $_.State -eq "Disconnected"} | Stop-XASessi ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-XASession], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ImaInteropError,Citrix.XenApp.Commands.GetSessionCmdlet

Thanks

Bharath

6 answers to this question

That looks like a XenApp 6.5 PowerShell command but you're posting in a XenApp 7.5 forum. 

I think you need: Get-BrokerSession, SessionState, and Stop-BrokerSession

Also, the Get-BrokerSession command had a -filter parameter so you can filter it on the server rather than using Where-Object to filter it.

get-brokersession -filter {sessionstate -eq "Disconnected"} | stop-brokersession

• Like 2

I ran that command but no luck..

I dont see get-brokersession command in powershell.

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-brokersession -filter {sessionstate -eq "Disconnected"} | stop-brokersession
get-brokersession : The term 'get-brokersession' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At line:1 char:1
+ get-brokersession -filter {sessionstate -eq "Disconnected"} | stop-brokersession
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (get-brokersession:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I ran the above given commands and it ran successfully.. but looks like i dont get any result.. 

PS C:\Windows\system32> get-brokersession -filter {sessionstate -eq "Disconnected"} | stop-brokersession

can we get the disconnected session in complete Site? and then log them such disconnected users?

Thanks
Bharath

I Just now tried to fetch all the disconnected sessions in the Farm using get-xasession , but the cmdlet returns both Active and disconnected sessions. Can anyone from Citrix really confirm, weather this cmdlet really works at all or not? I am quite sure that the below format is quite correct to the best and true to my knowledge.

Get-XASession -Farm | select ServerName,State | where {{ $_.State -eq "Disconnected" }} | Format-Table -AutoSize

I won't mind if someone can prove me wrong or assist me to create the correct command for my script I am trying to write.

xasession_cmdlet.jpg

On 7/12/2018 at 8:07 PM, Arunava Dey1709157342 said:

I Just now tried to fetch all the disconnected sessions in the Farm using get-xasession , but the cmdlet returns both Active and disconnected sessions. Can anyone from Citrix really confirm, weather this cmdlet really works at all or not? I am quite sure that the below format is quite correct to the best and true to my knowledge.

Get-XASession -Farm | select ServerName,State | where {{ $_.State -eq "Disconnected" }} | Format-Table -AutoSize

I won't mind if someone can prove me wrong or assist me to create the correct command for my script I am trying to write.

xasession_cmdlet.jpg

First step is to drop the double braces around your where statement, second -eq is not meant for string comparisons, more for numbers or Boolean statements .  Try the following:
get-xasession -farm | select servername,state | ? {$_.state -like "disconnected"} | ft -auto