Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Intermittent Local Drive Mapping Problem - White File Icon

Joshua Bilsky1709151488

Question

We're running XenApp 6.5 Rollup 4 on 2008 Server R2.  We have a couple users that report that their local drive (client C: drive or network drives) mappings intermittently fail.  When this occurs, they only see white file icons listed under the "Other" drives section instead of seeing their actual drives.  They are using published desktops when they experience this problem.  The issue does not appear to be isolated any specific server or host workstation.  Typically just logging out and then logging back in resolves the issue.  Attached is a screen capture of the issue captured by the end user.  Any idea of what might be causing this issue and a solution?

post-6146030-0-79272100-1422051830_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

Hi Joshua.

It seems to be a random error, Are there users that never are affected? Can you see if GPOs are applied every time (GP result). I guess you have checked all the steps in this guide:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX238200

I've experinced this one especiallay:

http://www.eaglankurek.be/index.php/2011/07/client-drive-mapping-failing/

but then it was failing each time...

Have you added any Citrix policys? Sometime they can get corrupt, try to disable(remove) policys that has to do with mapping drives and then "recreate" them. 

On 6/29/2016 at 8:48 PM, Joshua Bilsky1709151488 said:

We never really found a solution, but I am wondering if it was related to corrupt user profiles.  I have a job setup now to purge profiles every week, and I haven't had any reports on this issue since then.  Of course I suppose it could still be happening but users are not reporting it.  It is definitely odd to say the least.

Hi Prelude,

Have you ever find a solution for this problem?

I have a couple of users exactly wuth this problem os XenApp 6.0

Thank you

Rui

in the best practices ( Profile Management best practices | Profile Management 2109 (citrix.com) )  they mention to add this entry to your "exclusions list - files" Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat*  for terminal servers,   however, when you remove this entry, the issue seems to be resolved.   i'm not 100% sure yet what issues we could now experience with removing the exclusion, but so far everything seems to be working fine.