Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop Director - Lists duplicate server entries

Tom Swift

Question

After a seemingly innocent switch to maintenance mode for all of my Windows 2008 R2 servers running XenDesktop 7.5 VDA's, one machine came back as a duplicate entry and I can't seem to delete it from the XenDesktop Director console.  

Is there a way to clear up the database, as a simple refresh or F5 doesn't seem to do the job?

In the attached screen shot, it's Machine Name: TX-7-8 with an IP of XX.XX.XX.28

Thanks in advance...

Wish there were a DSMAINT RECREATELHC type feature with XenDesktop, or maybe there is and I don't know about it yet.

post-11424910-0-53946400-1415142561_thumb.jpg

8 answers to this question

Logged this with Citrix and they have suggested the below;

This is a known issue for XD/XA 7.6

Workaround;

Look in to database to verify if the data is applicable or not (if you have duplicate servers).

The query is (perform this after taking a backup of database) :

Delete from MonitorData.machine

Where ID='id-of-the-instance'

To find instance :- You need to check the monitordata.machine table in SQL.

Select top 1000 or select * from this table where name %like = 'name of machine' and you will see two instances

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I was having the same issue.  I resolved it rather simply.  I removed the server from the Machine Catalog.  At first, that only removed one entry.  But after about 2 minutes, the other entry disappeared as well.  Once they were gone from Director, I re-added it back to the Machine Catalog [and the Delivery Group]; and now I only have one entry for that server.  Hope this helps.