Welcome to our new Citrix community!

non-administrator users can not connect a server via RDP

Karel Syrovatka

Question

Hello,

I was requested to provide access for some users to a XenApp 6.5 rollup 3 server via RDP.

Accounts with admin rights can connect the server via RDP but non-admin account not.

The user that is not member of local admin group gets the error message:

"The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login."

I have followed that http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/261944-unable-to-login-using-rdp-or-ica-after-installing-xenapp-6/page-2 but it didn't help.

Thanks for help,

Karel

6 answers to this question

Hi,

This policy is already applied to servers.

Desktop Launches, Launching of non-published programs during client connection.

But the normal user still gets the error message - "The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login."

Where can I verify the this policy was realy applied to the server. (registry...)

Thanks,

Karel

User Policy settings are stored in the following locations

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Policies\Citrix\<SessionID>

However, you will not be able to see the session ID for a RDP connection against a non admin user as the connection is still being established and not completed successfully.

Alternatively you can try launching a ICA session against a non admin user and see for the registry path for the all the policy enforcement values.

Cheers!

Dear All,

We have ongoing issue , We are unable to take Any of the Server via RDP from published Server desktop( Windows 2016). But same server we take RDP to other servers directly.

issue via Published Desktop(ica-tcp) not able to take rdp any servers.

No Error Message, Just connecting its struck.

Any server OS 2008 R2 , 2012 and 2016 Servers

Environment is Xa7.15 LTSR

Archived