Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Popup in application is behind the seamless window (can't access which results in lockup)

Jacob Dixon1709152413

Question

I'm having a issue with quickbooks 2012 that I published with XenApp 6.5. Sometimes when a user goes and hits a button like 'Print' it is supposed to popup a dialog box. But the problem is (from what I can figure) is the popup is appearing behind the Quickbooks application which is resulting in it locking up since they cannot access the dialog box.
I have tried ALT+TAB which I believe doesn't work in a seamless session anyways.
How could I resolve this?

12 answers to this question

Ok it happened again. This time I had the user (different user experienced it) hit SHIFT F2 and they found the window hiding off to the side (way off to the side)

This is why it locked up. Sorry to be a noob but I'm having trouble understanding the registry flags and how to use them. Do you have any advise on which exact one to use or is it kind of hit or miss?

• Like 1

Let me read what you have sent and i'll try that!
Now it is possible that it isn't popping up behind the window. It is possible the window is appearing on the FAR right because when I launch the application from the terminal server (where it is published from) the window appears are the far right. I move it back to the center and close the application and the user relaunches it and they can now see the window.
Could it be another user having dual monitors is using it and when this user launches it (doesn't have dual monitors) it is still acting like it does? The sessions should be completely seperate though so I wouldn't think that would happen

On 4/29/2013 at 8:03 PM, Jacob Dixon1709152413 said:

Ok it happened again. This time I had the user (different user experienced it) hit SHIFT F2 and they found the window hiding off to the side (way off to the side)

This is why it locked up. Sorry to be a noob but I'm having trouble understanding the registry flags and how to use them. Do you have any advise on which exact one to use or is it kind of hit or miss?

This worked for the particular situation i was having with a specific program. SHIFT F2 brought the pop up box I needed to the side of the screen. I was able to grab the box and drag it over. Make sure to hit SHIFT F2 again if you want your citrix workspace screen to go back to the full computer screen.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, Phillip Cobb said:

This worked for the particular situation i was having with a specific program. SHIFT F2 brought the pop up box I needed to the side of the screen. I was able to grab the box and drag it over. Make sure to hit SHIFT F2 again if you want your citrix workspace screen to go back to the full computer screen.

I just wish Citrix would handle this situation. Those windows shouldn't be off screen like that.