Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable Close button of the Citrix Receiver

Jordy Minnebo

Question

Hello,

I'm having a few users that close the windows on accident, by clicking on the close button (X) of the Citrix receiver instead of the close button of the application.

We publisch a full desktop.

I did a search on the forum and I could only find topics from 2004, these solutions are not working.

Anyone an idea?

The clients are Win7 x64

Thanks

9 answers to this question

In the past I can remember a tool which had to be installed on the windows client which removed the X button. But that only worked for certain ICA client versions.

But this is actually avoiding your problem.

Is not the real problem that if a user clicks the cross, the session gets disconnected. And when then logon again, it doesn't pick up the old session? If so, I think you should fix that first!

Yes, you can logoff a session when you click on the cross, the problem is that they always click on the cross of the citrix receiver instead of outlook or any other openen program.

Certainly the older users have these issues. If I initiate a logoff on close, instead of a disconnect, they need to wait longer again to logon.

I've found a program called NoClose and AppScaleSomething both wont work.

Thanks for your input :)

I'm a programmer myself, and I know the thing with the cross, window and line is called a 'ControlBox'.

http://visualcsharptutorials.com/images/windows-forms/windows-forms-01.jpg

Now the problem is, the Citrix reciever binaries are secured, and you can't hack into them.

You could write your own software, something like a tray icon software. Then use override the control box for the reciever software.

But thats not an easy task...

On 8/23/2012 at 3:25 AM, Jordy Minnebo said:

Hello,

I'm having a few users that close the windows on accident, by clicking on the close button (X) of the Citrix receiver instead of the close button of the application.

I did a search on the forum and I could only find topics from 2004, these solutions are not working.

Anyone an idea?

The clients are Win7 x64

Thanks

I have an application that might work for you

Notice.png

On 8/24/2012 at 2:37 AM, Dennis Smith1709151827 said:

I'm a programmer myself, and I know the thing with the cross, window and line is called a 'ControlBox'.

http://visualcsharptutorials.com/images/windows-forms/windows-forms-01.jpg

Now the problem is, the Citrix reciever binaries are secured, and you can't hack into them.

You could write your own software, something like a tray icon software. Then use override the control box for the reciever software.

But thats not an easy task...

Easy enough for me to do:

Notice.png

On 8/24/2012 at 2:23 AM, Jordy Minnebo said:

Yes, you can logoff a session when you click on the cross, the problem is that they always click on the cross of the citrix receiver instead of outlook or any other openen program.

Certainly the older users have these issues. If I initiate a logoff on close, instead of a disconnect, they need to wait longer again to logon.

I've found a program called NoClose and AppScaleSomething both wont work.

Thanks for your input :)

Check out my program... I think it may solve your problem.

Notice.png

On 8/24/2012 at 2:12 AM, Dennis Smith1709151827 said:

In the past I can remember a tool which had to be installed on the windows client which removed the X button. But that only worked for certain ICA client versions.

But this is actually avoiding your problem.

Is not the real problem that if a user clicks the cross, the session gets disconnected. And when then logon again, it doesn't pick up the old session? If so, I think you should fix that first!

OR...

You can use my program and give them notice.

Notice.png

On 8/23/2012 at 3:25 AM, Jordy Minnebo said:

Hello,

Anyone an idea?

The clients are Win7 x64

Thanks

I have a program that just might work for you.

Notice.png