Welcome to our new Citrix community!

PVS with XenApp 6.5 and TrendMicro AV

Christian Gesing

Question

Hi @ all,

I've a problem with TrendMicro 10.6 on XenApp 6.5 in an provisioned (PVS 6.1) infrastructure. I use a skript (see attachment) for TrendMicro wich works very well with provsioned Windows 7 (x86) and XenApp 5 (W2k3; x86) VM's. But it don't work with XenApp 6.5. The problem is that the imgsetup.exe process will never end, and because of that the GUID isn't written in the trend.txt file.

I've tested a blank W2k8R2 image, there is the problem, too. Maybe there is a problem with the TrendMicro Client/ImgSetup.exe on x64 systems?

I'm running out of ideas. Can anybody help me, please?

TrendMicro_PVS.txt

7 answers to this question

Yea, I think imgsetup.exe has problems with x64. You might want to try and install imgsetup.exe /silent on your server and delete the GUID out of the registry so it creates a new one each time the server starts. I haven't went down this road yet, so I'm nervous now.

Alan Lantz
SysAdmin
City of Rogers, AR

removing because the issue I was explain is not the issue you are having, it maybe related to the GUID and you should try removing the GUId as suggested above to see if generating a new one everytime will correct the behavior.

Edited by: Carl Fallis on Jun 19, 2012 11:18 AM

Hi Kyle,

i'm using the imgsetup.exe because it is required for the skript. With the skript, the XenApp server always use the same GUID. With the tcachegen there is after every reboot a "new" Server with the same name in the TrendMicro console. Maybe there is a setting in the TrendMicro console, thats overwrite duplicate servers?

I'ved solved the problem.

In the skript you've to change the registry path for 64Bit systems:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node \TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\GUID

and not HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\GUID

No idea why I didn't see it before... %-(

Edited by: Christian Gesing on 26.06.2012 03:22