Readme Citrix Presentation Server MFCOM SDK 2.1
What is the Citrix Server SDK Version 2.1?
The Citrix Server Software Development Kit (CSSDK) Version 2.1 is a combination of three components, each designed to allow software developers to programmatically access features specific to Citrix MetaFrame servers, enabling developers to integrate their applications with Citrix server technology. The three components included in version 2.1 are:
- MetaFrame Component Object Model (MFCOM) * Application Publishing (APSDK) * WFAPI Component (WFAPI)
The MetaFrame Component Object Model (MFCOM) is a COM object that allows you to write code to access most of the MetaFrame XP server monitoring and management functions. For most users, these functions are available from the Citrix-provided Management Console. The interface properties and methods exposed in the MFCOM objects give third party developers the necessary access points to write their own programs to monitor and manage their MetaFrame servers. The MFCOM component supports MetaFrame XP only.
Any COM compliant languages may be used to write code to access the objects and interfaces exposed by MFCOM. By using VBScript and other scripting languages (including JAVA), users will be able to create simple scripts to perform tasks that would otherwise require a substantial amount of time or would be impossible without access to source code. Users will be able to write scripts to publish and manage applications, monitor and manage farms, servers, sessions and processes.
The MFCOM component provides the following features:
- Full conformance to Microsoft COM specifications and automation support * Object oriented architecture for MetaFrame XP objects * Nearly 400 function calls that provide access to standard Management Console functionality, plus functionality not available in the Management Console * Support for Visual Basic, VBScript, C, C++ examples
Application Publishing Component (APSDK)
The Citrix Server Software Development Kit - Application Publishing component (APSDK) contains programming interfaces that enable developers to write programs that create and manage Citrix MetaFrame published applications. The APSDK supports both MetaFrame 1.8 and MetaFrame XP.
The APSDK provides the following features:
- An object-oriented interface. Applications are organized as objects. This object-oriented design makes creating and accessing applications easier. * A complete set of API functions. This allows developers to write code that takes full control of the application properties. * Example programs. These programs can be used as a base for building customized programs to meet specific requirements. Full source code and compiler scripts are provided to aid in learning how to use this SDK * Complete documentation of all API functions for easy reference.
The WFAPI component contains programming interfaces that enable developers to write programs that create and manage Citrix MetaFrame sessions. The WFAPI component supports both MetaFrame 1.8 and MetaFrame XP. Sample programs are included to assist developers in using WFAPI.
The WFAPI Component allows software developers to programmatically access features specific to Citrix MetaFrame servers, including:
- Server, session, and process enumeration * Server, session, and process management * Citrix-specific user data * Sending messages to a session * Writing custom ICA Virtual Channel drivers (requires the Citrix Virtual Channel SDK) * Waiting on system events * Shutting down the server * Shadowing user sessions
- Service Pack 1 is required for MetaFrame XP. See the Service Pack documentation for installation instructions. * Service Pack 3 is required for MetaFrame 1.8. See the Service Pack documentation for installation instructions.
- Sample programs that can be used as a base for building customized programs to meet specific requirements. Full source code and compiler scripts are provided to aid in learning how to use this SDK * Complete documentation for easy reference