Citrix ICA Client Object SDK Overview
The ICA Client Object (ICO) SDK enables developers and administrators to modify the behavior and appearance of a Presentation Server (ICA) client. The SDK is a series of documents detailing available application programming interfaces (API) in the ICA client. The API allows users to embed an ICA client into custom software applications with ICA session launching built-in. Any application that supports object embedding can interface with the client and receive/send instructions to the ICA client.
The ICO SDK is a framework exposing the functionality of the client to other applications or objects. The ICO SDK supports the following:
- Embed the client in commercially available desktop applications such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Microsoft Office
- Seamlessly embed and integrate Citrix ICA functionality into third-party or custom applications
Three separate application programming interfaces are available:
- Method Interface - control and interact with Citrix ICA client object
- Property Interface - access properties of Citrix ICA client object
- Event Interface - allows Citrix ICA client object to send events
The ICO SDK is available as part of the standard installation of a Presentation Server (ICA) client for Windows. All clients after and including Version 7.0 install the following files which are necessary to call the API: WFICA.OCX, NPICAN.DLL, and ICACLOBJ.CLASS.
The ICA Client Object Programmer's Guide is also publicly available. This guide contains reference information on all the available methods, properties, and events as well as several scripting examples.
- Visual Basic
- Netscape 3.x/4.x LiveConnect
The ICO SDK supports all Citrix Presentation Server releases, as well as all Citrix MetaFrame server releases.
The ICO SDK is only available for Presentation Server (ICA) clients for Windows, Version 7.0 and later.